Scroll to the very bottom for the podcast links!
Welcome to the 21st episode of SourceCast. With the NX unveiling coming sooner rather than later, we thought it’d be interesting to have a discussion on rumor reporting itself. Joining PushDustIn and Nantendo will be gaming journalists Liam Robertson and Daan Koopman. Liam Robertson’s main focus is uncovering lost and forgotten games that never made it to the public eye however he has also found himself in the spotlight numerous times as he has broken several rumors over the past few years. Robertson has contributed to NintendoLife, Unseen64 and other publications when detailing the intimate details he discovers behind the development of video games. Daan Koopman is a prolific Nintendo-centric journalist who has contributed to several sites and has covered rumors for several years. He is a regular contributor to GoNintendo, Nintendo World Report, Nintendo Force and more.
The focus of this podcast was to talk about the process in which a rumour should go through before making it out to the public. How does one fact-check a rumour before reporting on it; why would inside sources possibly risk their jobs in order to leak this information; what are the difficulties in one would face when reporting on the rumour and how do you deal with the feedback from those who hear the rumours? During this SourceCast we also talk about two case studies in particular, a rumoured Metroid-pitch by the company MecurySteam and the various big NX rumours that have been about. So without further-ado I hope you enjoy!
- Straight from the Source: Liam Robertson by Liam Robertson, PushDustIn, Source Gaming
- Unseen64 — Marvel’s Cancelled Daredevil Game by Liam Robertson, Unseen64
- Why Sites Shouldn’t Report Every Rumor by PushDustIn, Source Gaming
- Approach to Handling Rumors and Leaks by PushDustIn, Source Gaming
- Tracker_TD Discusses: Sonic Rumors by Tracker_TD
- Exclusive: MercurySteam Has Been Working On A Metroid Prototype For Wii U And 3DS by Liam Robertson, Nintendolife
- Castlevania Dev MercurySteam Denies It Ever Pitched A New Metroid To Nintendo by Damien McFerran, Nintendolife
- “We got caught in a s***storm” by Wesley Yin-Poole, Eurogamer
- Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers – Tom Phillips, Eurogamer
Audio edited by